This recipe has been tried and tested in the RY office and it's pretty bloody delicious!!!
Special enough to bring along to a dinner party but healthy enough to pop into your lunch box daily.
Created by Liv Kaplan and featured in our Autumn Magazine, this recipe is vegan, keto, gluten, dairy and sugar free,
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Setting Time: 1 1/2 hours
3 cups desiccated coconut
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup canned coconut cream (I recommend Ayam brand)
30 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
1/2 batch of raspberry jam (see below)
150g dark chocolate (85-90%)
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl combine the coconut, tahini, coconut cream and stevia. This is best combined using your hands.
- Press into a large loaf tin lined with baking paper. Spoon over raspberry jam (see below for recipe) and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler (bowl sitting over a pot of gently simmering water), or in the microwave in 30 second increments. Leave the chocolate to cool slightly (you don’t want it to be super hot). Gently spread over the raspberry jam layer and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Place in the fridge to set for approximately 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge, slice and serve.
Raspberry Jam Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 cups frozen raspberries
1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place raspberries and 30ml of water in a medium sized pot and place over a high heat. Place the lid on the pot and bring to the boil.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to low. Allow the jam to simmer for 20-25 minutes or until water has reduced and raspberries have broken down.
- Stir in chia seeds and transfer to a jar. Leave to cool with the lid off before storing.