We just love making (and eating) these delicious cauliflower fritters by Miranda Brady.
There's nothing better than a recipe that is perfect for any time of day. Unsure what you want for breakfast? Cauliflower fritters! Lunch? The fritters are perfect for that too!
1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
¼ cup onion, finely diced
1 cup plain flour (or GF flour if required)
3 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped (extra for garnishing)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp turmeric
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
Olive oil for frying
LIME-YOGHURT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
1 cup greek yoghurt
2 tbs lime juice (approx. juice of one lime)
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam cauliflower over a pot of boiling water then set aside to cool slightly.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, whisk together sauce ingredients and place in the fridge until serving.
- Combine all fritter ingredients (except cauliflower) together in a bowl and whisk until it forms a smooth batter.
- Once the cauliflower has cooled, blitz it in a food processor or lightly mash it with a fork.
- Add the cauliflower to the batter and mix until combined.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan and spoon the mixture into fritters. Fry for approx. 3-4 minutes or until golden on each side. Place the fritters on paper towel to absorb the excess olive oil while cooking remaining mixture.
- Serve the fritters with lime yoghurt sauce and garnish with fresh parsley.
Miranda is passionate about food and fitness and loves creating healthy versions of everyone’s favourite foods to show that living a “healthy lifestyle” does not only mean kale salads and lemon water.
She believes that health comprises far more than just our bodies, it's every aspect of our lives including our relationships with ourselves and those around us. Her instagram @clean_treats is a platform where she can share this message along with delicious recipes, workouts and healthy inspiration.