These delightful Granola Cups from Grace Harrington of @breakinspiration will have you jumping out of bed excited for breakfast! They are also the perfect snack option for a little afternoon pick me up. Enjoy!
Makes 8 cups
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Coconut yoghurt or your preferred yoghurt
- Fresh, seasonal fruits
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Spray 8 cups of a regular muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine oats, desiccated coconut, and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil and rice malt syrup (or honey) on low heat until melted. Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Divide the mixture between 8 muffin tin cups. Using your fingers (dipped in water to prevent sticking), press the mixture to the bottom and up the sides of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before removing.
- To remove the granola cups, carefully run a knife along the edges of the granola cups to loosen and help lift them out.
- Fill with your favourite yoghurt and fresh fruits. Bon appetit!
Whilst completing a Bachelor in Hospitality Management at William Angliss in Melbourne, Grace had the privilege to work in 3 hat restaurants, hospitality groups and to operate a café with her husband in Hampton, Melbourne. She now works in the education sector, however, her passion for food and all the creativity that comes with it has led her to continue to develop recipes and take food photography part-time.