This is one of those recipes that tastes naughty but is actually nice. Created by our fave girl, Miranda Brady aka @clean_treats. You might have guessed by now, but we just love Miranda. She's always whipping up meals that are drool-worthy and this one is no exception. It's got all the hallmarks of a Sunday brunch menu item but is packed full of so much goodness you could get away with eating it every morning.
Clearly, we are obsessed. So obsessed we featured it in our RY Winter Magazine.
Grab your whisk, grab your mixing bowl. Get baking!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 egg
- 40ml almond milk
- 30g salted caramel or vanilla protein, optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Toppings of choice eg. banana, berries, maple syrup, nut butter, yoghurt, ice cream
- Whisk egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and protein together until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and soak the bread in the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and cook the bread on both sides until golden.
- I top mine with blueberry compote, maple syrup and vanilla high protein yoghurt.
A little note about Miranda:
Miranda is passionate about food and fitness and loves creating healthy versions of everyone’s favourite foods to show that living a “healthy lifestyle” does not only mean kale salads and lemon water.
She believes that health comprises far more than just our bodies, it's every aspect of our lives including our relationships with ourselves and those around us. Her Instagram @clean_treats is a platform where she can share this message along with delicious recipes, workouts and healthy inspiration.