An RY office favourite! We whipped this one up as part of our Autumn Shoot and since then all the girls have been enjoying it at home on their regular weeknight dinner schedule.
Plant base, and with easy to source ingredients, packed full of protein and veggies this Broccoli and Cherry Tomato Pasta with Cashew sauce pasta will become a regular in your household too!
250g Teff Tribe Seriously Tasty Penne or Fusilli Pasta
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 medium brown onion, diced
1/2 small red capsicum, diced
1/2 small yellow capsicum, diced
1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
1-2 handfuls rocket leaves
1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup packed fresh basil
1 cup water (extracted from the boiled pasta water ideally)
salt and pepper to taste
1. For the pasta: bring a large pot of salted water (approx. 2 tsp salt) to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente (we like to cook it a couple of minutes less than directed). Note: Add the broccoli to the pot to cook with the pasta as the pasta finishes cooking. Save 1 x cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta.
2. For the veggies: add the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, cherry tomatoes and capsicum - cook, stirring occasionally, until all veggies soften slightly, 3 minutes approx.
3. Once the veggies are cooked, turn down to low heat, add the drained pasta & broccoli to the skillet. Toss to combine.
4. For the sauce: add all listed ingredients to a blender, process until smooth and creamy. Pour the cashew sauce over the skillet ingredients.
5. Add rocket leaves, toss to combine and season accordingly. Enjoy!
Recipe by Renee Drochmann (@hungrybeargrazing), for Teff Tribe.
Featured in our Autumn Wellness Magazine.