When the warmer weather starts to roll around we are naturally more inclined to crave brighter and fresher meals. Well, these Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls by Miranda of @clean_treats fit the bill perfectly. We'll be honest though, even after multiple test runs, we still can't make them as uniform and beautiful as Miranda can! But that's half the fun, with the nutritional punch these pack, we'll munch on mismatched rice paper rolls any night of the week.
INGREDIENTS:Rice Paper Roll fillings:
- Rice paper
- Protein source - chicken, prawn, tofu, tempeh
- Veggies - lettuce, red cabbage, carrot, cucumber, capsicum, avocado
- Fresh herbs - mint, coriander
- Vermicelli rice noodles, optional (cooked according to packet instructions)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari (sub for coconut aminos or sauce)
- Juice of a lime (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp sweetener (stevia, honey, maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup liquid (water, almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp sriracha, optional but I like it spicy
- Combine ingredients for the Peanut Dipping Sauce in a bowl and whisk together.
- Lightly grease a plate with sesame oil or oil of choice.
- Run the rice paper under warm water for a few seconds until damp or place in a bowl of warm water.
- Place damp rice paper on the greased plate.
- Fill the rice paper with ingredients and begin to roll it up, tucking the edges in as you go (you need to move quickly as the rice papers get very sticky).
- Repeat with remaining sheets of rice paper and filling ingredients.
A little note about Miranda:
Miranda is passionate about food and fitness and loves creating healthy versions of everyone’s favourite foods to show that living a “healthy lifestyle” does not only mean kale salads and lemon water.
She believes that health comprises far more than just our bodies, it's every aspect of our lives including our relationships with ourselves and those around us. Her Instagram @clean_treats is a platform where she can share this message along with delicious recipes, workouts and healthy inspiration.