We bet you’re thinking ‘will these guys ever NOT talk about chia puddings?’.
The answer is no. WE WILL NOT!
Let us tell you why:
- They are delicious
- They are full of nutrients
- They are super easy
- They are delicious
- They look beautiful
- They can come in any flavour combo you could wish for
Oh, and they are delicious.
Let’s break it down a little further, shall we?
Chia puddings are really just a fancy name for when you mix the very versatile and nutritious chia seed with water or your milk of choice, and let it set. The chia seeds absorb the water and turn into a jelly like consistency, leaving you with a thick, wobbly, delicious treat. They can also be blended with your choice fruit (mango, strawberries!) or cacao (our personal fave, because endorphins!) before the setting process begins, and then decorated with extra fruit, nuts, cacao nibs, coconut…the list goes on.
What you end up with is something that is nutritious and delicious enough for any meal.
The reason these are so nutritious is due to a couple of reasons...
First of all, a little recap on what’s so great about chia seeds:
- High in fibre, protein, calcium, antioxidants, good fats
- Low in calories
- Super convenient & easy to eat
Then, think about the additions. Nutritious nut milk (eg. coconut milk), a sprinkling of nuts & seeds, and the goodness of some fruit. All of a sudden you’ve covered fibre, good fats, protein & carbs – aka a nutritionally balanced meal.
Autumn Retreat Yourself Box receivers have been treated to a ready-to-go chia pudding by the Morlife team – pre-packed with chia seeds, cacao, almonds, goji berries & coconut. And not only that, but the Morlife team have also provided a DELICIOUS recipe to go with it which we've shared below (we dare you not to drool)…
(For those of you who don’t subscribe, you can get these on Morlife’s website or in supermarkets - more info below!)..
Morlife’s Coconut Cacao Chia Pudding with Raspberry Coulis
- 1x Morlife coconut cacao chia pudding mix
- 110ml coconut milk
- Raspberry coulis
- 1x tbs coconut sugar
- 1 x tsp water or orange juice
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
For the garnish:
- 1 x tbs Morlife dried five berry mix
- 2 x fresh strawberries
- 1 x tbs coconut flakes
- Mix Morlife’s coconut cacao chia pudding mix with 110ml of coconut milk in a small bowl and place in the fridge to set.
- Place to the side and grab a new bowl to make the coulis.
- Heat the coconut sugar, water for 2 mins or until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- Combine frozen raspberries and hot syrup in a small blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the puree through a fine strainer over a small bowl and push on the solids with the back of a spoon.
- Place the coulis in the fridge to allow the puree to cool down.
- Thinly slice the strawberries and place inside against the walls of a medium glass cup or jar.
- Gently pour the chia pudding into the cup, pour coulis puree onto, garnish with dried berries, coconut flakes and fresh strawberries.
- Dig in and enjoy!