By Holly Inglis of The Healthy Hunter
Whip up this fresh, zesty creation, perfect for sipping on a warm afternoon. The best part is that you can add so many different and unique fresh flavours to it to make it your own. Get a little creative with the garnish and all of a sudden this mocktail is oh so fancy. And with just one flick of the wrist, this can even be made into an indulgent cocktail.
Makes 4 drinks
- 4 limes, 2 cut in half and the other 2 cut into 6 wedges each
- 4 tbsp rose water
- 1 cup mint
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 litre soda water
- 4 tsp rose petals (optional)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ tsp sumac
- 3 tbsp water
You can make this in a jug or individual glasses. Either way, layer the pomegranate, mint and lime slices in the glasses first for maximum prettiness.
- Add a tsp of pomegranate seeds to each glass, followed with 2-3 teaspoons (add more if you would like it sweeter) of pomegranate syrup, 1 tbsp rose water and the juice of 1/2 a lime. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to muddle this a little, crushing some of those pomegranate seeds into the syrup.
- Add a few ice cubes, then some mint leaves, a wedge of lime and another tsp of pomegranate seeds. Add more ice and then another wedge of lime, another few mint leaves and another tsp of pomegranate seeds. Repeat one more time if using a tall glass. If you have leftover syrup you can drizzle a little extra over the top.
- Top each glass with soda water. Use a straw or long thin spoon to stir briefly to mix in the syrup. Sprinkle with rose petals and enjoy!
*Feel free to add a shot of a good quality botanical gin to the syrup, rose water and lime juice and then start to turn this mocktail into a cocktail!
Holly shares the delicious food she creates at home with others that might be in need of a little inspiration. She believes that anybody can cook delicious food and is on a mission to show you how with recipes designed to be easily recreated in your home. Her focus is on fresh ingredients and enjoying what you eat.