We all spend our evenings differently, however most of us share a common nightly routine of washing our faces and popping on some skincare.
Our question to you is, do you do this routine mindfully? Or do you rush through this routine as you’re on your way to do other things?
While washing your face may feel like a monotonous task, this routine is an opportunity to be more present and mindful, becoming a ritual that guides you back to you every night before you hit the sack.
In this Retreat Ritual you’ll be using your favourite skincare products to create a mindful ‘wind down’ ritual that will leave you feeling completely nourished, nurtured and relaxed.
Feelings: Feel relaxed, feel nurtured.
Time required: 30-60 minutes.
What you’ll need: A range of skin and hair care products. and hair products from the Winter ‘Breathe’ retreat - and anything else you’d like to add in.
- Set the scene - light a candle in your bathroom, pop the ‘Breathe’ playlist on and take a deep breath.
- Jump in the shower and wash your hair, using a hair treatment if you have one, to nourish and replenish.
- Once you hop out, get into something comfortable.
- Cleanse your face, exfoliate, apply a mask and moisturiser or night cream. Be mindful as you apply your products. Feel them as you apply them to your skin. Maybe do some journaling while you wait for them to work their magic.
- Once you’ve finished, take a deep breath and repeat to yourself “I deserve every minute I spend on me”.