- CHOCOLATE LOVERS For those chocolate lovers out there, it is common to see healthy chocolate treats pop up in cafés and local stores as the key ingredient used are cacao. Cacao is regarded as healthier than cocoa due to it being less processed. This powder is high in antioxidants and provides minerals such as iron and magnesium, and provides a rich chocolate-y taste. Kez’s Kitchen Raw Choc Nut Cookies (included in the Summer Box) are abundant with this nutrient rich super-food alongside delicious dates and nuts, making it a healthy and filling alternative to those afternoon sugary snack options. We've also been known to make our own chocolate at home, which is delicious and nutritious without the nasties. Check out this Raw Choc recipe from Well Nourished - https://wellnourished.com.au/raw-chocolate-recipe/
- COFFEE LOVERS While an afternoon coffee is a known favourite indulgence we can still get that boost of energy from energy bars such as Kitz Living Food Mocha Energy Bar. The good news is this bar is raw, vegan, seed and salt-free and also Paleo friendly. It is made using organic ingredients and will provide that buzz of alertness to keep the mind sharp and productive. These energy bars are handbag friendly and will fit in your pocket ready for you when you need that afternoon top up.
- ICE CREAM LOVERS With summer comes icecream and why not treat yourself to some healthy banana ice cream? It’s so delicious and easy to make, no need to stress about over-indulging! For a simple recipe, all you need to do is blend 4-5 frozen peeled bananas in a food processor with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Include your choice of yogurt or milk to help blend the two main ingredients. If you are happy with the soft consistency you can enjoy your ice cream straight from the processor, or if you prefer a firmer consistency you can place it into the freezer for an extra hour or so. You can top your ice cream with some fresh berries, honey or even coconut shavings to add to this delicious treat.
- MOUSSE LOVERS Avocado lovers rejoice, it is the food that we can match with a myriad of others to add that touch of healthiness. A healthy chocolate avocado mousse makes the perfect after dinner dessert or mid-day treat. All you need to do is puree two avocados, two tablespoons of cacao powder, ¼ cup almond milk, two teaspoons of maple syrup and one teaspoon of vanilla extract in a blender until smooth. The mixture should be thick in consistency and mousse-like. Spoon mixture into desired bowl, or dessert cups and top with raspberries for extra taste.
- PANCAKE LOVERS Breakfast is the best meal of the day! Pancakes anyone? These can be enjoyed guilt free by making dairy free and egg free versions such as delicious coconut pancakes or open a packet of Koja Health Protein Pancakes. These pancakes sachets are produced with no gluten, no added sugars, sweeteners, additives or preservatives and provide extra protein to assist in growth of health hair, skin, nails and hormone production.
Recipes referenced from the below pages: