The weather is HOT again and we’re feeling like cool, fresh and fulfilling foods.
At the moment, we're really digging noodle salads. Soba noodle, rice noodle, kelp noodle - ANY kind of noodle. Not only are they DELICIOUS on the lips, they're filling, satisfying and not so bad on the hips..
If you're a lover of oriental, spice and anything nice, get your chopsticks out and game face on. This salad is guaranteed to tantalize those tastebads - in a mighty fine way!
What you’ll need:
- 2 small packets of rice noodles (can be found in the oriental section of the supermarket)
- ½ packet of protein of your choice (It tastes best with crispy tofu, chicken or prawns!)
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 handful of sprouts
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- ½ red onion
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of mint
- ½ cup of peanuts
- Fresh chilli (optional if you like it hot and spicy! We do! ;))
- 2 cup sweet chilli sauce
- Dash of lime juice
- Dash of fish sauce
- Teaspoon of rapadura sugar/brown sugar/coconut sugar
- Cook Noodles. Bring a pot of hot water to the boil and then pop the rice noodles in. Only leave in for a few minutes until rice noodles are stringy and soft. Keep checking every couple of minutes to avoid overcooking.
- Once noodles are cooked, strain thoroughly and run under cold water until noodles are cold. Leave sitting in strainer to ensure most of the moisture is drained.
- Fry the protein of your choice with a small amount of garlic, soy sauce and sweet chilli.
- Chop all veggies, including coriander and mint. Consistency is up to you, however we like our veggies quite chunky.
- Mix sauce together. This will taste different every time, however go easy with the fish sauce. Keep tasting the sauce as you go until it tastes the way you'd like – everyone likes their flavour a bit different!
- Mix everything together in a big mixing bowl and serve fresh and cold. Garnish with sprouts, peanuts and a bit of coriander.
Perfect for a hot summers day!
Like this recipe and want to see MORE? Our Retreat Yourself Boxes contain recipes from health experts across the globe. Order yours now!
Photo credit to spontaneoustomato.com