For the love of spring and cake (and eating this goodness in the spring sunshine).
The lovely Hungry Bear Grazing created this Spring Time Lemon Brownie and it's all the happy vibes we need right now.
Weekend baking? We'll be right there with you.
For the brownies:
- 2-3 lemons + zest
- 1 cup honey (substitute with maple syrup for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 3 eggs (substitute with 3 tbsp flaxseeds in 1/2 cup water for vegan alternative)
- 1 cups self-raising flour (use almond flour for GF alternative)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
For the glaze:
- 3 cup icing sugar
- 2 lemons
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and line a 9x13 baking tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan and juice + zest lemons.
- Add melted coconut oil, yogurt, honey, eggs, and lemon juice + zest to a bowl. Mix to combine.
- Stir in flour and mix until just combined (be sure to not overmix!)
- Transfer the brownie batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
- Remove brownies from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
To prepare the glaze:
- Juice + zest the lemons (you'll need 3-4 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of zest)
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl and add the lemon juice + zest. Stir continuously until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Once brownies have cooled spread the glaze evenly over the top.
- Allow glaze to set, then garnish with additional lemon zest.
- Cut brownies into thin bars, and enjoy with your favorite people! xx
Hungry Bear Grazing celebrates the flavours of life through an eclectic mix of nourishing foods, mindfulness and a dash of pilates. Siding with simplicity, HBG champions gratitude as well as an everlasting curiosity to the seasonings from around the globe. Because only then can we truly appreciate all that food has to offer.
Oh, just the thing to make for afternoon tea with my parents.