Smoothies are a great option during the week if you lack time in the morning and need to run out the door. You can make them the night before and store them in a glass bottle ready to grab and go. I especially love having smoothies if I’m heading to the gym and want a lighter option that won't weigh me down.
This smoothie also works really well for those that have the afternoon blood sugar slump and are craving something sweet but want a healthier option. The Wildbag cacao protein powder and banana combination will help kick sugar cravings and stabilise your blood sugar levels, keeping you Full Filled until your next main meal.
When choosing a protein powder always make sure you read the ingredients list as a lot of protein powders aren’t organic and contain added sugars. It’s really important to invest into a good protein powder, Wildbag not only tastes amazing but It’s organic, raw, naturally sweetened with stevia and is filled with all kinds of superfoods.
Having a healthy Full Filling breakfast will naturally cause a healthy ripple effect on your eating habits during the day. Start this week by organising and preparing what your going to have for breakfast everyday and see if you notice a change in your eating habits, energy and blood sugar levels.
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 1 serve of Wildbag cacao protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder
- 1-2 frozen banana’s, peeled (if you don’t have frozen bananas substitute with more ice)
- 2 tablespoons of oats
- A handful of almonds
- Raw organic honey (optional if you like your smoothies sweeter or your bananas aren’t ripe)
- Ice (if needed and not using frozen bananas)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender and serve.