Need something light... but incredibly tasty? Look no further. Think crunchy, spicy cauliflower sitting on soft home made bread. Could there be anything more delicious.
- Curried cauliflower
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup tomato passata
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
Salty no-waste leaf mix:
- Cauliflower leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 cup besan flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cauliflower coating ingredients.
- Mix in the cauliflower florets to coat them.
- Spread cauliflower onto a lined baking tray and cook in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- In a fry pan, fry the ingredients for the leaf mix until the leaves are soft and tamari has been absorbed, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pan bread ingredients, adding more water or flour depending on the feel of your dough.
- Knead dough and separate into 4 equal parts.
- Roll out each section until your desired thickness.
- Fry the pan bread in a frying pan for approximately 2 minutes each side or until brown.
- Now it's time to assemble with your favourite salad ingredients. (Hot tip, avocado and pickled red onion are a must!).
Jess is passionate about both health and the environment. Her mission is to show people how easy it can be to live in a way that protects and sustains the environment while nourishing the body, mind and soul.