These bagels go perfectly with a morning coffee! They are so easy to make and taste like a cafe style brekkie, only healthier. Fill them with homemade blueberry jam, almond butter and extra Greek yoghurt.
- 110g plain greek yoghurt (sub coconut yoghurt for vegan)
- 100g self raising flour (or GF)
- 1 tbsp natural granulated sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins, sultanas or currants
- 1 tsp butter, melted (could sub almond milk or egg wash)
- 2 tsp natural granulated sweetener
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Fold mixture with a spatula until it forms a large ball.
- Transfer to a floured bench and knead to form a dough (the dough shouldn’t stick to your hands so add a bit more flour if it is too wet or yoghurt if it’s too dry).
- Divide the dough into 3-4 portions, roll each portion out into a long tube and then into a circle to join the ends.
- Place onto a lined baking tray. Combine topping ingredients together in a bowl and brush over the bagels.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 15-20 mins. Allow to cool before slicing and adding your chosen fillings.
- 200g frozen blueberries (raspberries or strawberries would also work)
- ¼ cup natural granulated sweetener
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pour your berries in a small pot & simmer over low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle over sweetener and chia seeds.
- Once berries are slightly defrosted, start to break them down with a fork or spatula. Once broken down, stir the mixture until well combined, turn off heat and allow it to cool.
- Transfer your jam to a jar and place in the fridge to set. Keep refrigerated for up to a week.
Miranda Brady is passionate about food and fitness and loves creating healthy versions of everyone’s favourite foods to show that living a “healthy lifestyle” does not only mean kale salads and lemon water. She believes that health comprises far more than just our bodies, it's every aspect of our lives including our relationships with ourselves and those around us. Her instagram @clean_treats is a platform where she can share this message along with delicious recipes, workouts and healthy inspiration.