By Elly McClean from Nutritionelly.
"One of my most favourite meals in the world was avocado on toast... until these savoury Buckwheat Pancakes came along. They're so easy to make and the perfect, whole food foundation for the avocado to rest upon.
The carbohydrate in the buckwheat means this is an ideal post training meal. If you're working towards a fat loss goal and feel like eating this on a rest day then I recommend using the Buckwheat Pancake Mix to make two pancakes and setting one aside for the next day.
Enjoy, Elly x"
Ingredients (serves 1)
Buckwheat Pancake Mix
¼ cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp LSA meal
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp psyllium husk
Pinch of cumin seeds or powder
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
¾ cups water
Pinch sea salt
1 handful baby spinach, washed and dried
1 tbsp of any fermented vegetables
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tbsp organic hemp seeds
- Begin by preparing the salad. With clean hands, massage the spinach with olive oil and salt in a bowl. Add fermented vegetables and hemp seeds and toss until combined. Put to the side.
- Start preparing the pancakes. Heat a medium size fry pan.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well until it reaches a runny (ish) pancake batter consistency. If it’s too runny, add the tsp of psyllium husk and stir for a few minutes.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil to the pan and let melt.
- Pour the batter to the pan, it should be enough to make a large pancake. Let cook for a few minutes until the underside starts browning and the top is bubbling, then flip. Cook for a few minutes on the other side.
- While the pancake is cooking, prepare the avocado smash. In a small bowl combine the avocado and salt with a fork.
- Next, begin to plate up. Top the pancake with the avocado mixture and salad.
Option: Drizzle a touch of tahini on top.
Option: Crush ½ clove of garlic into the Avocado Smash for some spice.
Option: Make smaller pancakes if you wish, just separate the batter in two.
This recipe is developed by the beautiful Elly McClean from Nutritionelly.
Marathon runner, nutritionist, yogi and yes, her favourite food is kale. Elly believes that food is fuel and should be enjoyed, not feared. She practices with clients all around the world specialising in digestive health, hormone balance, fat loss and sports performance. She is also the founder of online program, Plant Based Kick Starter.
My ex fiance was cheating on me but I had no proof and I felt crazy and paranoid at that time, I even felt I was losing my mind. I needed closure badly and I hired email@example.com although it’s unethical and it’s something I had to do. just tell him i sent you… Though I am not proud of what I did but I had no choice, I was almost driven to the brink of suicide , he can also improve dept on credit cards..you can also whatsapp or text him on +1 (774) 202-9445