This Haloumi & Carrot Salad is so yummy, and quick and easy to make. A perfect go to for a
night where you're short on time. It’s also absolutely delicious paired with some grilled salmon, but if you want to keep it plant based- try adding some crispy tofu or roasted chickpeas for a protein packed, delicious meal.
- 2 cups rocket
- 4 carrots sliced into sticks
- 1/2 block haloumi sliced and fried
- Your choice of nuts/seeds (Two handfuls toasted pine nuts is delicious!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil + 1 tbsp for dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sprinkle sesame seeds
- Salt, pepper
- Place your carrots in a fry pan on medium heat with 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- When carrots are golden, add in your haloumi pieces and cook till golden each side.
- Place your rocket onto a plate/ bowl and top with carrots and haloumi. Drizzle with olive oil, salt , pepper and pine nuts.
Recipe by Sarah Cooper of Scoopitup.
Sarah is a Pilates instructor and nutrition student from Sydney. She is passionate about holistic health and a keen foodie- creating wholesome and healthy recipes in her spare time. She loves to find healthy alternatives that support your body and mind leaving you feeling energised and bright.