There isn't much better than snacks that are morish, good for you, and homemade! These crunchy roasted chickpeas are the perfect amount of salty and flavourful and they'll have you constantly reaching back for more.
You can eat them on their own or use them to bolster other meals. Top your favourite salad with a handful to add some crunch or sprinkle across smashed avocado for breakfast.
If you've got 30 minutes, you've got enough time to whip up this recipe and when you are crunching away you'll know exactly what's going in your mouth.
Facing an empty fridge? No worries, all you need is that one lone can of chickpeas. You know the one that lives in the very back left-hand corner. Yeah that can that'll still be there during the apocalypse. Then grab your SPICETUB Roasted Chickpea Mix and some olive oil and you are game, set, match. Ready to go.
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tsp of SPICETUB Roasted Chickpea Mix
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Lay your drained and rinsed chickpeas on a paper towel and let air dry for about 5min. They need to be as dry as possible with no water remaining on them
- Bake your chickpeas naked on a tray with baking paper (no oil yet!) for 10min
- Once your chickpeas have developed a light crunch, drizzle the olive oil and SPICETUB Roasted Chickpea Mix over and very gently toss to coat
- Return them back into the oven for 15-20 minutes
- After they have been baking away, turn the oven off and open the oven door a crack. Let them cool down and crisp up even further
- Crunch away!
*Recipe makes about 1 cup of roasted chickpeas
You can check out SPICETUB's full range of spice products on SPICETUB and follow them on Instagram and Facebook @spicetub for more ways to use their spices. They've also shared an exclusive discount code with the RY community: MYSTERY20 for 20% off any order until 31/10/20