The best meal to prepare as we come into spring! Not only perfect as a delicious and healthy breakfast, but a mouthwatering snack too - especially when paired with fresh berries, almond milk and coconut yoghurt. This granola has no traces of gluten. It also has a delicious crunch and is full of all the healthy, skin and brain loving fats - great for our skin, hair and nails.
1 cup buckinis
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup pepitas
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp goji berries
Pinch sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp maca powder
3 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 heaped tbsp tahini
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl except for the goji berries.
3. Place coconut oil, maple syrup and tahini in the microwave or on the stove and mix together until combined.
4.Use your hands to combine the wet mixture with the dry ingredients until fully coated and mixed through.
5. Line a large tray or two medium trays with baking paper and spread the granola out thinly on the tray/s, the more spread out the better it will bake together and cluster, otherwise it will be too thick.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and add goji berries and then place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Check and remove if golden, otherwise leave a few more minutes.
7. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!!
Recipe by Sarah Cooper.
Sarah is a Pilates instructor and nutrition student from Sydney. She is passionate about holistic health and a keen foodie - creating wholesome and healthy recipes in her spare time. She loves to find healthy alternatives that support your body and mind leaving you feeling energised and bright.