Meet the most amazing pumpkin lasagna! We are just obsessed with this recipe!
With a bit of a mexican twist, this lasagna is really special. It's sure to go down a hit with your friends at your next dinner party!
Mexican Pumpkin Lasagna
High in protein
600g Kent pumpkin, raw weight - peeled
1 tin black beans
1 tin diced tomatoes (or 100g blended tomatoes)
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
15g taco seasoning
90g reduced-fat tasty cheese
Make it your own by adding your favourite protein source
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F.
- Slice the pumpkin into long slices (around 0.5cm thick each). Place them on a lined baking tray. Spray a little bit of avocado oil, sprinkle some salt & pepper and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool down while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Pre-heat a non-stick pan, spray a dash of avocado oil and cook the garlic and onions until the onions become translucent. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further minute. Add the black beans and keep stirring through for 30 seconds.
- With a fork, start smashing the black beans (this will add so much flavour to the dish and will also help to thicken the sauce). Now add the taco seasoning, salt & pepper to taste and stir for a further 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Now it's time to put the whole thing together. In a baking dish, add half the pumpkin slices until the whole surface is covered (you may need to cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces to fill the gaps). Then add half the amount of tomato/bean mixture, and top up with half the amount of cheese. Repeat this process again. You should finish with a layer of cheese!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and enjoyyyyyyyyy!
Tip: Wait until the dish has completely cooled down, before refrigerating it. It lasts for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Thanks to Angela Borges (@the_healthy_diary_) for sharing this recipe with us! You can also find it in our Winter '21 Magazine.