- 1 ½ (150g) cup unsweetened fine or medium shredded coconut
- 1 cup (150g) raw cashews
- ½ cup (120g) soft pitted dates or 2 tbsp (43g) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Vedic Turmeric Blend
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Add the coconut to a high-speed blender or food processor and mix until it starts to get a bit oily and paste-like. Depending on your food processor, this may take up to 10 minutes. Be patient. When you start seeing a bit of paste sticking to the walls of the processor, it’s ready. It’s important you start to see that oiliness as this is what binds the bars as they harden in the freezer.
Add the cashews and process for another couple of minutes until they’re completely broken down and mixed into the coconut.
Add the rest of the ingredients and blend into a crumbly but somewhat sticky dough.
Firmly press the mixture into the pan, taking a few moments to really press it down and even it out, especially into the corners.
Place the pan in the freezer for 1 hour to firm.
- Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan. Cut into 24 mini bars, 12 larger bars or 16 squares.
Chai Spice loves making completely natural, heartwarming and irresistible products, for all to enjoy! They have searched high and low for only the best ingredients to create authentic recipe blends and Vedic by Chai Spice is no exception. The Vedic range has been developed using ancient recipes and philosophies to bring you a selection of smooth, delicate and nourishing products that you can enjoy any time of the day.
Discount codes: RYGLOW for 40% off online until 31/08/2022