We love this bread because not only is it delicious, it's packed with so many nutrients from all the different seeds. Seeds are great sources of fat and plant protein, yay!
You can easily make this recipe gluten free by subbing in another flour like almond or buckwheat - just add a little extra baking powder to help it rise!
3 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup bran
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup linseeds
1/2 cup poppy seeds
1/2 cup pepitas
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp salt
600ml coconut milk
2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir
3. Combine with the honey & coconut milk
4. Pour into a lined baking tin
5. Top with an extra combination of seeds until fully covered on top
6. Bake for 1 hour
7. Allow to cool then slice.
Tip: Slice and freeze pieces, that way you'll always have some on hand to toast up when you're craving a quick and nutritious snack!
- Avocado, olive oil, chilli flakes and boiled egg
- Ricotta and pesto
- Tahini, honey and banana
- Sauteed mushrooms and greens
Thanks to Sarah Cooper (@scoopitup_) for this recipe! You can also find it in our Winter Box Magazine '21