With @myfoodbagnz on behalf of Bennetto Natural Foods.
That feeling of eating something delicious and knowing that you aren't compromising on any of your values is hard to beat! That's why we love Bennetto Natural Foods Organic Chocolate. We love it for eating square by square, but we also love it for cooking. The flavour of Bennetto's organic, Fairtrade chocolate is so silky and rich and you can really taste it in this recipe. This decadent dessert is vegan, but don't let that deter you because this is one drool-worthy tart featuring Bennetto Toasted Hazelnut Chocolate.
135g vegan chocolate cookies (e.g. oreos)
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or dairy-free butter)
1 block Bennetto Hazelnut Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
3 Tbsp tahini
1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup coconut yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
30g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Line a small 15cm cake tin with baking paper (alternatively, line 4 individual ramekins or cupcake tins).
- Prep base: Place cookies in a snap-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin, until you get a fine crumb (alternatively, blitz in a food processor). Place crumb in a bowl and stir through coconut oil, until well combined. Place crumb in prepared tin and press down firmly using the base of a measuring cup or mug. Place in freezer and leave to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Prep filling: Place chopped chocolate and tahini in a heatproof bowl and set aside. Combine maple syrup, coconut milk and a pinch of salt in a pot on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Once it has come to a simmer, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate and tahini, leave to sit for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, whisk until smooth and all the chocolate has melted. Pour filling on top of base and spread out into an even layer. Place tart in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- To finish: In a bowl, mix together coconut yogurt and vanilla. Chop hazelnuts. Remove tart from tin/moulds and spoon over vanilla yoghurt.
- Serve chocolate tart topped with chopped hazelnuts.
A little note about Bennetto Natural Foods:
Bennetto Natural Food is a chocolate company with a mission to keep the world happy through chocolate. From the careful bean selection grown by small scale farmers in the Amazon Rainforest, to the carbon-neutral manufacturing process, Bennetto maintain integrity of the cocoa using only clean ingredients and leaving out additives or fillers. Careful attention to process and sourcing makes this chocolate to feel good about - certified organic, Fairtrade, carbon-neutral and simple natural ingredients.You can check out Bennetto Natural Food's full range of organic Fairtrade chocolate products on Bennetto Natural Foods and follow them on Instagram or Facebook @bennettonaturalfoods for more inspiration on how to cook with its products.