By Sarah Cooper of @scoopitup_
This flavour bomb is an unreal side or main meal. Topped with the crispy chickpeas and crunchy dukkah you’ll want the whole thing to yourself (but sharing is encouraged!).
- 1 eggplant halved
- ½ cup roasted chickpeas
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 handfuls fresh chopped basil
- Salt, pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp teriyaki coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp dukkah
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut eggplant in half and then make slight cross sections with a knife.
- Place olive oil, balsamic, coconut aminos, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper in each half and use hands to spread over the whole eggplant so everything is covered (you want it all to absorb the flavour).
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add feta, basil and dukkah.
- Place back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes (until nice and golden and soft).
- Sprinkle with chickpeas and extra fresh basil and enjoy!
Sarah is a pilates instructor and nutrition student from Sydney. She is passionate about holistic health and is a keen foodie - creating wholesome and healthy recipes in her spare time. She loves to find healthy alternatives that support your body and mind leaving you feeling energised and bright.