It’s easy to think we’re living a life led by our values and core beliefs, and most of the time, we are. But as days get busy and we get swept into our schedules, we’re often faced with circumstances and situations that challenge our beliefs; sometimes we veer off track and get led astray. As time goes on, we may disconnect from what matters most to us, and find that we’re no longer living in complete alignment with who we want to be.
For this reason, it’s essential to check in with your values. Take it back to the fundamentals of your belief system, then work your way to every corner of your life. Reflecting allows you to discover how your values appear (or disappear) in every realm, from the little daily habits to the massive life goals. Reflect and readjust as you navigate challenges and find your way.
In this Retreat Ritual, we’ll walk you through those steps, from innermost beliefs to daily behaviour, so you can identify where you may have lost touch. When you reflect on your values regularly, you’ll be able to make decisions that are more closely aligned with who you are, what you want to be, and what you believe in — and you’ll find yourself living in a state of breezy, natural, authentic flow, where decisions come easily and life feels great. Take as much time as you need with this values-based ritual.
Feelings: Feel mindful, feel aligned.
Time required: 20-30 minutes, or as much time as you need.
What you’ll need: A pen and paper, to answer the questions below.
- Find somewhere quiet to sit, undisturbed. Light a candle or incense, pour a warm cup of tea, and pop on your playlist (you can access the Spring 'In Flow' Playlist here).
- Use a pen and paper to answer the questions below. Some questions may require more time for reflection. We don’t always know what our strongest values are; we’re all just finding our way. Take the time to reflect on what is truly important to you.
- Let the reflection flow; let all the answers out. Don’t judge yourself or stop yourself short. Write what comes to mind, and be as honest as you can.
- Use this time to breathe and indulge in the process of bringing yourself back into flow.
- What is most important to you in life?
- How do these things add up to make up your values?
- How are these values present in your life each day?
- How do these values impact your decision making?
- Think about your current goals. Are these values aligned with them?
- Are you turning your back on these values in any area of your life?
- When did you have to do something against your values? Could you have done it differently?
- How can you make small, daily changes, so your life aligns better with your values?