Sometimes you just need a little 5 minute ritual to get you out of a funk and back into flow. Especially when you’re feeling dysregulated and like you need to calm your body and soothe your mind.
In this Retreat Ritual, you'll be taking time to sit and breathe - it’s as simple as that. You’ll be taking your mind away from the worries of the world, and reminding yourself that everything is going to be alright.
Feelings: Feel joyful, feel recharged
Time required: 5 mins
What you’ll need: Somewhere quiet to sit.
- When you feel your mood changing - you're irritated, resentful, sad or low - or you're feeling great but want to regulate your body and improve your mood, take yourself somewhere quiet and sit with your eyes closed.
- Check in with how you're feeling. Where can you feel this in your body?
- Set a timer on your phone and breathe deeply for two minutes. While you're breathing, focus on the feeling of the breath coming in and out of your nose.
- Repeat your affirmation to yourself, reminding yourself to trust in the process of life.
- Go back to what you were doing, feeling more lively, calm and regulated.
Life is happening as it's meant to. I trust in the process and surrender to what will be.