We are so lucky to get to experience delicious food on a day to day basis: the flavours, the aromas, the sensations on our tastebuds. But, mealtime often happens while doing other things - working, watching TV, chasing kids, chatting to friends, reading, or scrolling on the phone. When you’re distracted, you’re taken away from the experience of the wonderful food before you. In this Retreat Ritual you’ll be practising mindful eating. By tuning into what you're eating and being more mindful, you'll actually finish your meal feeling more satisfied and full.
Feelings: Feel nourished, feel grounded.
Time required: 30-60 minutes.
What you’ll need: All ingredients listed in the recipe.
- Turn off your phone to limit distractions.
- Click here to create a delicious and nourishing Vegie Packed Dahl with Coyo Raita, or if this doesn't tickle your fancy, you'll fine more recipes in the 'recipe' section on our website. Enjoy the process of creating this wholesome meal.
- Find a comfortable spot to enjoy your meal.
- Tune into the flavours in your mouth. What can you taste? What are the textures? Think about how this food is literally fuelling your cells and giving you energy. Repeat your affirmation (see below) to yourself and reflect on how lucky you are to be able to fuel your body with such nourishing foods.
- Finish your meal feeling satisfied, nourished and content.