As we go through life, we collect thoughts and feelings about the things we experience. We then hold these thoughts and feelings in our subconscious and they start to influence how we experience life.
Sometimes this is a good thing and it can serve us well, other times, these thoughts and feelings don’t serve us at all; holding onto the opinions of others or their opinion of us, unrealistic expectations, grudges, resentment and fear. None of these things serve us, and often keep us stuck.
In this ritual, we’re letting go of the things that are holding us back, so that we’re open and ready to embrace the new.---
Feelings: Feel relief, feel release
Time required: 20 minutes, can be done on a regular basis
What you’ll need: A piece of paper and a pen.
- The best place to do a negativity release is somewhere out in nature - whether at the beach, by a river, in a park - somewhere where you can feel the fresh air on your face and let it all go. If you can’t access one of those places, that’s OK too, you can also complete this ritual in the comfort of your home.
- Jump up and down for a minute, letting your body relax and giving your arms and legs a good shakeup. Let your body physically release whatever it is holding onto.
- Once you’ve finished jumping up and down, sit down with your pen and paper and jot down some things that you want to let go of. It could be something physical, it could be a bad habit, it could be a set of thoughts that often get in your way.
- Once finished, repeat your affirmation to yourself a few times over. Say it and truly believe it.
- To finish, rip the paper into loads of pieces and put it in the bin as a way of cutting ties with the negativity that you’re letting go of.
Affirmation: I am ready to let go of all that does not serve me, and I trust that I am being guided in everything I do.