Rituals are some of the most powerful things in our lives to evoke change. They’re a signal that something is about to happen. They could be small, like that morning stretch before launching yourself headfirst into work. They could be huge, like a ring on your finger followed by a kiss and ‘I do’ to set you up for a life of love and partnership.
Often a lack of rituals can leave us feeling flat. It’s one of the reasons people struggle most when trying to give up drinking alcohol. It’s not the actual drink itself they miss. It’s the unwinding sip as they relax after a big week. It’s the get together with friends to share some stories over a couple of cocktails. It’s the celebration toast to a kiss and ‘I do’.
There are a multitude of reasons why you might look to go alcohol-free in your life, whether it’s for a month, or maybe longer, there are so many positives like:
- Detoxing your body
- Saving a few brain cells
- And a little cash too!
- Waking up with a fully-fresh, clear mind so you can operate like a boss and get everything on your list done... and then some.
Whatever the reason behind it, if you feel that you could benefit with a break from drinking, know you don’t need to let go of those meaningful rituals. Switch the ritual instead and make it a little special by...
- Grabbing your fanciest glass from the top shelf
- Pour yourself a beverage that looks, tastes and feels like your favourite tipple (like one of Monday Distillery’s beautiful Non Alcoholic Beverages!).
- Add a little garnish, something like some dried cucumber
- Sip and enjoy! You'll get all the flavour of that ritual without the bite at the end.
Making the switch allows you to keep those change-making moments that bring joy, and still indulge in a ritual.
Thanks to Samantha Manning, Founder of Monday Distillery for sharing her words of advice with us. You can find Monday Distillery's non-alcoholic G&T and Paloma mixes in our Winter '21 Box. Check out the full range at www.mondaydistillery.com and use the discount code RYWINTER for 10% off online until 30/09/21.